Stevie Redback Pest & Termite Control
This policy applies to Rentokil Initial Pty Ltd and its Australian holding companies and subsidiaries in Australia (“Rentokil Initial ”).
Rentokil Initial is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals. This policy has been adopted pursuant to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth.) and outlines the way we manage personal information in compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and credit reporting provisions of the law (Australian Privacy Law”).
Words and expressions including “personal information” “sensitive information”, ”credit information “ and other words that are defined in Australian Privacy Law, bear the same meaning when used in this policy.
Personal information collected, used and held by Rentokil Initial
Rentokil Initial operates in Australia under a number of brands including Rentokil, Initial and Ambius. We provide pest control, washroom hygiene, fumigation, disinfection and indoor plant services across the country. We strive to provide our customers with responsive, reliable and great value services. Our parent company, Rentokil Initial Plc, is one of the largest business services companies in the world. The Rentokil-Initial Group provides a range of services globally where our brands represent consistent quality of service.
Rentokil- Initial collects personal information about individuals that we deal with in order to deliver our services and meet our legal obligations. We collect personal information about individuals who have contact with our business in Australia including:
(a) Our customers who are individuals and persons employed or engaged by our customers;
- Our suppliers and individuals employed or engaged by our suppliers;
- Our employees and contractors providing services to us; and
- Individuals seeking employment or to provide services to us.
The type of personal information that will be collected depends upon the purpose for which it was obtained.
Information sought from employees, contractors or suppliers (or their personnel) will be relevant to their employment or services as applicable and sought for that purpose or related purposes. The type of personal information sought from them (and persons seeking to engage with us in those capacities) will include name, address, contact details, past employment or service provision history and medical and other information relevant to their employment or services. In some cases, we will ask them to consent to us acquiring and using sensitive information about them including background information and health information. We obtain personal information directly from the individual or from persons who have obtained it directly from the individual with consent. In some cases, such as with employees and contractors, the agreements entered into with those individuals or privacy collection notices will identify the information we will collect and the purpose for which it will be used or disclose.
We use and disclose personal information concerning individuals to provide our products and services, to administer our accounts, to operate and improve our business operations and as may otherwise be required or permitted by law. For example, we may use personal information to provide customers with information concerning new or existing products and services, and to provide customers with information on new developments and, at our discretion, with preferred customer benefits.
In some cases we may collect personal information from individuals that is relevant to considering the provision of credit. We may also collect personal information from credit providers and credit reporting bodies and disclose personal information to those bodies where a customer has sought credit from us. The personal information may include identity information, consumer credit eligibility information, information concerning applications made for credit, types of credit sought, defaults and public information concerning credit worthiness.
Where required or reasonably practicable, we will obtain your express consent before collecting information about you from a third party, but in all cases if we collect personal information about you from a third party, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the collection.
We will take all reasonable measures to ensure all personal information we collect is protected against unauthorized access. In some cases it is necessary for us to provide your personal information to other parties to perform our business operations and to deliver our services. When we do this, we will generally require that party to acknowledge the confidentiality of the information and to undertake to comply with Australian privacy law and this policy. In most cases, if you do not provide us with your personal information we will be unable to conduct business or provide our services to you.
Disclosure and Cross-border disclosure of personal information
We disclose your personal information to
- Third party data processors to enable us to carry out or improve our usual business practices. Examples include but not limited to:
- Credit Reference Agencies;
- Marketing Systems;
- Payment Processing Systems;
- Health and Safety Management Systems
- Customer Communication Systems;
- Debt Management; and
- Analytics and API (Application Programing Interfaces) tools provided by various companies (such as Google) to help with service delivery technology and functionality of websites.
- Legal and regulatory authorities who request your personal information or to report any potential or actual breach of applicable law or regulation;
- External professional advisers such as accountants, auditors and lawyers, provided they are under a duty of confidentiality;
- Law enforcement agencies, courts or other relevant parties, to the extent necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal rights;
- Third parties where necessary for the purposes of prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offences or the execution of criminal penalties
- Third parties which are considering or have decided to buy some or all of our assets;
- Third parties operating plugins or content (such as Face book, Twitter, Instagram, Demandbase) on our websites or providing services that you choose to interact with (such as learning solutions by Fuse Universal Limited). In relation to these products and services you should familiarize yourself with the Privacy Notice of the relevant company for information about the scope of their data processing and implementation of your rights; and
- As expressly permitted under Privacy Law.
Rentokil Initial also engages certain service providers to store and process personal information offshore including in some cases personal information of employees, contractors and customers.
Personal Information will not be disclosed to overseas recipients unless Rentokil Initial reasonably believes that the information will remain subject to effective privacy protections and will not be collected, held, used or disclosed by the recipients of the information in a manner inconsistent with this policy. The overseas recipients of the personal information are generally located in the United Kingdom, countries of the European Union, the United States of America and Singapore.
Personal information accuracy
Rentokil Initial seeks to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Personal information often changes and we encourage you to contact us and update the information. Employees should do this via the procedures notified by Human Resources Department. Customers should contact the Customer Service Department at their local branch. Details are included on our website.
Access and correcting personal information.
You may obtain access to, and correct, any personal information that Rentokil Initial holds about you (including credit eligibility information), unless one of the exceptions in the Privacy Law applies. Please contact the Privacy Officer (see below) with full details of your request and we will endeavour to respond promptly.
RI has appointed a Privacy Officer who will investigate and respond to any complaints concerning our compliance with this Policy or Australian Privacy Law. Please send full details of your complaint to our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy was last revised on 18 September 2020 .
Message Us Below
Ask us a question or request a free quote.
1300 665 665
4/65-67 Snook Street, Clontarf QLD 4019
Monday-Friday: 8am - 5pm