Stevie Redback Pest & Termite Control
Bed Bugs Pest Control
In Australia, bedbugs are most commonly found in budget accommodation where there is a turn-over of tourists, especially backpackers. They are transported with the people’s luggage and clothing but not on the person. They may also be found in a building if they are brought in infested second-hand furniture.
The presence of bedbugs can be detected by bites, dots of blood on the sheets or a sickly sweet odour
The aim of the treatment by your Pest Manager is simple. All harbourages within 2-3m of the bed such as bed linen, mattress, furniture and curtains must be located, treated and eliminated.
It is not possible to know if someone is a ‘bedbug carrier’. Premises such as backpackers should be inspected regularly for signs of infestation to avoid the costs and inconvenience associated with complaints of bedbug attacks.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What things in my house will need to be treated or cleaned?
The following, if within 2-3m of the bed, will need to be laundered, treated or sealed: Bed linen, mattress, bedhead, furniture, wall coverings, curtains and blinds, skirting boards and flooring.
What are common signs of bed bugs?
- Bites: Red, itchy or irritated bites
- Blood: Small spots of blood from bites often dried or stained onto sheets or clothing
- Skins: White or clear skins, shed by the nymphs as they mature
- Smell: A sickly, sweet smell often likened to berries.
How did I get bed bugs in my house or apartment?
- Bed bugs can be transported with people in their luggage and clothing.
- Second hand furniture can harbour bed bugs if not cleaned properly.
- Bed bugs can travel between rooms in apartment and unit complexes.
Message Us Below
Ask us a question or request a free quote.
1300 665 665
4/65-67 Snook Street, Clontarf QLD 4019
Monday-Friday: 8am - 5pm